Hey!!!! So last night was pretty cold and I wasn’t feeling like salad or pasta… I prepared a soup a friend of mine cooked last week for us and it was absolutely deliciousss! Even my boyfriend, who hates veggies, loved it!! Well, I tried to recreate it the best I could, given that I didn’t know all the ingredients and portions with precision.
The result: a spicy and sweet butternut and carrot soup!!! And my boyfriend loved it :).
So, here it is:
- 1 medium butternut peeled and diced into small pieces
- 3 carrots peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1 large onion diced (I don’t cut it too small, I like the rustic appearance 🙂 )
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp mix of spices (I use one with black and white pepper, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, “gindo” and clove; but you can use any other mix)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- 3 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- First of all, try to buy organic veggies. But if you are on a tight budget, don’t worry too much about it.
- Heat the olive oil on a big casserole and mix in the onion. Leave until its slightly brown and incorporate the garlic.
- Add the butternut and carrot pieces and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the spices and salt and stir for 2 more minutes.
- After stirring for a few minutes, cover the veggies with water and simmer on low, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- When the vegetables are soft, process the mixture until it forms a liquid puree. If it’s too liquid, leave it a few more minutes until the desired texture.
- Serve on a large bowl with some mix of seeds (sesame, quinoa..) and you can add some parmesan cheese (for me it was fine without cheese!)
Et voila!!! you’ve got a warm soup for the end of the day :)!!!